Losing my lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Baldwin, Ne
Question by bernardl
I had to let my landscaper go due to economic reasons, so now I have the task of doing my lawn. Over the past few weeks I noticed my lawn starting to turn yellow and less full. Not sure what I should be doing this time of year in the NY area. Please help!!!

0

It's a little late in the season to do anything but feed your lawn to prepare it fo the winter months. Cornell University suggests feeding in November with a winterizer type fertilizer. This will help the roots remain healthy over the winter months so your lawn can green up nicely in the spring. The general advice is to water your lawn on a regular basis from spring through early fall, mow it as often as necessary to keep it at about 1 1/2 inches, and feed it April, June, September and late November. These maintenance practices will help keep your lawn thick and healthy. Best wishes with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "