pecan trees - Knowledgebase Question

Roswell, Ne
Question by duranacres
I have 3 7yr old pecan trees. Two of the trees are producing pecans, and one tree has no nuts on it this year. This tree is yellowish. Whats up, and what can I do.. Thank you

You didn't mention whether or not you regularly feed your pecan trees, but a lack of nitrogen can certainly affect leaf color on your tree. As for failure to develop nuts, some pecan trees can fall into an alternate-year bearing pattern in which one year there's a heavy crop and the following year there is none. Sometimes this is the tree's way of controlling pests - without nuts, there will be no insect pest problems. It's really difficult to pinpoint problems without being able to inspect the tree so you may want to take leaf samples to your local cooperative extension for positive diagnosis. Hope your pecan tree recovers soon!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Peonies"