Watering Majesty Palms - Knowledgebase Question

Collinsville, Il
Question by tonyandbob26
I just bought 2 Majesty Palms and not sure what is considered adequate and proper watering for Indoor Majesty Palms? They are new in my Atrium Home....any other care advice on them is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bob

Your new palms should be fine in bright light but no direct sunlight. Water when the top inch of soil dries out. It's difficult to predict just how often to water. Try sticking your finger into the soil prior to watering. If it is still moist an inch below the surface you won't need to water for another day or two. As the weather cools you probably won't need to water quite as often. In the spring you can feed with a water soluable fertilizer such as Miracle Gro. Plants in containers can suffer from root burn if you use a granular fertilizer but you can use the liquid as described above, or a slow release fertilizer such as Osmocote to provide the nutrients your palms require. Enjoy your palms!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"