no fruit on blood orange tree - Knowledgebase Question

San Bernardino, Ca
Question by terryfromgb
I have had my blood orange tree for 15 years and have always had plenty of oranges on it. This year I have none. What could be the problem?

0

If your tree is otherwise healthy but did not produce fruit, I suspect the problem is weather related, especially if it flowered as usual. Lack of insect activity can cause some fruits to drop but wouldn't affect all of the fruit so you would still have a light crop. I know it's hard to think back 6-8 months to what the weather was like but it could be that it was very rainy during flowering, or even an early morning frost that went otherwise unnoticed. Watch your tree closely this season to make sure it flowers as usual. Best wishes with your tree!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"