sago palms - Knowledgebase Question

Virginia, Vi
Question by blackvette99
How do I care for my sago palm I live in Virginia Beach Virginia this winter I don't want them to die I just love them. I just got them this spring and they look wonderful growing leaves and they are green and look very healthy. Do I have to bring them in I have them in Large pots in my back yard.

0

Although sago palms can tolerate temperatures from 15F to 110F, they will show some frond damage when the temperatures drop below freezing. You can clip the dead fronds off the plant but I think it ruins the appearance of the plant. Since yours are in containers, the roots are more likely to suffer cold damage because they are above ground level. You can wrap the pots in insulating material but a better idea is to take them indoors in the fall, keep them inside all winter long, then take them back outdoors in the spring. Enjoy your sago palms!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"