crapemyrtle tree - Knowledgebase Question

Phenix City, Al (Zone 8a)
Question by flowergobler
I have 4 crapemyrtle trees purchased 3 yrs. ago with blooms. None has bloomed since. Their leasves have had spots, changed color early and dropped. I purchased a product to fight the disease and sprayed the trees but each year the same thing happens again. Will this condition continue to happen? Should I just give up and purchase crapemyrtle trees that are disease resistant?

It's true, some crape myrtles are more disease resistant than others and if you have tried to avoid the diseases by spraying and have not been successful, it may be that you should replace your crape myrtles. Or you might try moving them to a sunnier spot where there's good air circulation. Sometimes simply moving plants to a different location in the landscape will do the trick. I hope this works with yours!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"