yucca transplanting - Knowledgebase Question

Batavia, Il
Question by mjt61
I dug up a yucca plant at my mom's house intending to transplant in my yard. The root broke about 8 inches under the ground. Need tips on transplanting. ?Will it survive? It is mid-October and the plany has been out of ground about a week now.

Yucca plants are relatively sturdy so I'd go ahead and pot it up or plant it in the ground. I suspect that the roots left in the ground will sprout into a new plant at your mom's house. If she doesn't want it to resprout, you may want to dig the roots out. There's not much you need to do to plant your yucca. Just set it in the ground (or container) so that it's at the same soil level as it was growing at your mom's. Water it well once you've planted it. Best wishes with your yucca!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"