hydrangeas - Knowledgebase Question

la habra, Ca
Question by marywildey
at your advice i added iron to my hydrangeas because of spotted brown leaves but the problem persists. any other suggestions?

0

Iron will help the leaves green up if your soil is alkaline (which I suspect it is in La Habra). Brown spots can be an indication of a fungal disease and while spraying with a fungicide will keep the healthy leaves healthy, it won't make the affected leaves turn green again. If only a few leaves are affected, just pick them off the plant. If lots of leaves are affected, you'll need to prune your hydrangea back to remove the disease and stop the spores from splashing onto the healthy leaves. If you decide to prune your hydrangea you can apply a protective fungicide spray after the new leaves unfold. This should keep them from developing brown spots. Best wishes with your hydrangea!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Inimitable Ice Plant"