fall - Knowledgebase Question

springfield, Oh
Question by n_anshu
hi, i have basil- 3 types, and 4 big pots of marigolds and chives and lemon grass and lemon balm growin in my balcony. but now with fall on and the weathers gettin cold ihave no idea how to prevent them from dying or dryin up. pls advice what should i do and how long my plants will last.will they last longer inside the house? i havent used any sprays on my plants yet .i am new at this so pls help.

0

Basil and marigolds are annuals and will die at the end of the season. You may be able to take the basil indoors to grow but it will need bright light near a sunny window, or you'll want to provide supplemental light from a gro-light. Chives and lemon grass are hardy enough to leave outdoors but they may die down over the winter and resprout in the spring. These, too, can be brought indoors and grown in a sunny spot or with bright light from a gro-light. It's worth a try, I think, to take the plants indoors to keep them growing throughout the winter months. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"