nats infesting house plants - Knowledgebase Question

Peoria, Ar
Question by dfrazer07
I can't seem to get rid of the nats in my plants...some tell me to rid of them with a drop of dishsoap in the watering process and someone else told me to dry the soil out tremendously because they only lay eggs in the too wet of soil...eventually my plants are suffering from lack of moisture....any suggestions? Hope you can help... Thanks from Phoenix

0

Fungus gnats are so annoying! And, this time of year the little pest fly right in an open door or even through a screen door or window screen. Fungus gnats feed and breed in moist potting soil so a barrier between the soil surface and the pests will control them. Use either a thick layer of pebbles or a layer of sand over the surface of your soil. Or, you can temporarily drape plastic wrap over the top of the pot, tucking it in around the stems of your plants so the gnats cannot access the potting soil. Remove it when you water and then replace it. It takes about 2 weeks to control fungus gnats. Or you can use a product called Gnatrol which is a soil drench. Best wishes with your gnat control project!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"