Is my new Mussaenda dying? - Knowledgebase Question

Cape Coral, Fl
Question by kmrjacque
About a month or so ago I bought a Mussaenda, transplanted it into a pot in our courtyard garden. It has slowly and consistently lost all its blossoms and leaves. Is this normal? HELP!please.

0

Mussaenda is an evergreen although it sometimes dies down to ground level and resprouts in the spring. I don't know if that's what yours is trying to do because it's young, or if it needs more water and perhaps some change in its exposure to sun. While it will grow in full sun it performs better with 4 hours of morning sun and then filtered shade from afternoon sun. It needs lots of water while it is actively growing so be sure to water thoroughly when the top half inch of soil dries out. Since you've only had your plant for a short time, it may be still adjusting to its new growing spot. Once it does it will develop new foliage and will bloom again. Just be patient with it!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"