rearranging plants - Knowledgebase Question

Bingen, Wa
Question by kyler19
I need to rearrange my plants. Mostly bleeding hearts, hostas and phlox. I read that the fall is the best time for transplanting the bleeding hearts but the spring is the best for the hostas. I would rather do it all once. Do you have any recommendations? Its getting pretty cold at our house now, early 30*s already. Should I wait till spring?

I would move everything now. Bleeding hearts usually go dormant in the summer and hostas will lose their leaves after the first frost which might make it difficult to know where they are in the garden! I would dig, divide and replant everything now. They will go into their normal dormancy and then perk right up when spring arrives. Enjoy those lovely fall days by moving your plants and playing in the garden!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"