Orchid Name - Knowledgebase Question

Palm Bay, Fl
Question by emoran0075
I have an orchid and do not know what it is. The tag shows, P.laev/gatumxcharlesworth. Have you ever heard of it, it has large green leaves but has never flowered. Long roots like vanda, sort of

I can't tell from the name just which orchid you are growing. Paphiopedilum laevigatum x is a hybrid developed by Joseph Charlesworth, and there are 56 hybrids credited to his name. With such sketchy information I can't really identify your orchid but the flowers are similar to a slipper orchid. Yours may take a great deal of time to mature enough to flower but like all orchids, it should be grown in areas with bright light and cool night temperatures; warm day temperatures. Use an orchid potting soil or a mixture of medium fir bark and perlite or sphagnum moss. Water regularly about every four to five days during the growing season. Bright light promotes flowering. Hope this information is helpful!

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "prickly pads"