Variety of Blueberry Plant - Knowledgebase Question

Gray, Te
Question by phylliscash
I have 2 blueberry plants. One is a Chippewa but I am not sure of the other. I do not see it on the tag. THDA3078. I am unsure if this is a half bush or what. Both were purchased this spring. The Chippewa is big and beautiful. The vaccinium (grown under same conditions) has hardly grown. Any suggestions?

I can't tell from the product code - it just comes back a generic blueberry. So, let's try to make it healthy and see what happens when it flowers next spring. If it is not thriving, it may need a little more time to adjust to its growing site. If you amended the soil with peat moss and/or compost, that should supply the acidity your blueberry requires. If you neglected to do this at planting time, dig the plant, amend the soil, then replant. Next spring it should be all established and ready to grow. Best wishes with your nex plants!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"