How do I begin? - Knowledgebase Question

Ewa Beach, Ha
Question by graceunlimit
our new rental has a small patio garden that has weeds and lots of aloe plants. Any great weed killers and deterrents? Any plants that can grow up to 4ft. tall that are local in Hawaii for privacy?
Aloha,
Grace M.

0

I found a site with lists of Hawaiian native plants, along with photos and descriptions. Just click on the plant name to bring up a photo and description. Here's the address: http://www.mauinativenursery.c...

I'd pull the weeds and then apply a pre emergent such as Preen to keep new weed seeds from germinating. Or you can pull the weeds, plant your new plants, then mulch over the bare soil between the plants with a thick organic mulch to keep weeds from sprouting. I usually place several thicknesses of newspaper on the bare soil and then apply the organic mulch. This is like a double whammy and keeps weeds from sprouting for a very long time.

Best wishes with your garden.

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"