evergreen topiary - Knowledgebase Question

Homewood, Il
Question by barbaradawki
I purchased and planted an evergreen topiary this past spring. It has a bluish color to the foliage. It looks great but upon closer inspection (if you look coser to center of the pom pom) I can see that some of the foliage is turning brown. Is it dying?

0

You didn't mention the name of your topiary so I don't know if it is normal for that particular plant to lose its oldest (innermost) foliage or if there is actually a problem with the plant. Insects such as spidermites can attack the inner foliage of some evergreens. Look for webbing near the stems. If possible, find out the name of the plant and submit a new question. We may be able to diagnose the problem.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"