Money Tree - Knowledgebase Question

Dorchester, Ma
Question by Jiggijac
I bought a money tree this summer and it did well outside. I just brought it inside for the winter-how do I care for it? Also, is dianthus an annual or perennial?

0

Money Tree is really simple to care for. It will grow in almost any light conditions, from full shade to nearly full sun. It is best if you can give your Money Tree a little bit of both: either near a window that gets the sun for a couple of hours and is then shady, or in an area that gets bright indirect light.

Water your Money Tree about once a week, but let the potting mix dry out pretty well in between waterings. Don?t let it sit immersed in water. Some people do this and don?t notice problems for a while, but the trunks of your plant will eventually rot. When re-potting, use a potting mix that is very coarse or add some perlite or pine bark to improve the drainage. This will help prevent an accidental over-watering.

Money Tree doesn?t need much fertilizer. You can provide a diluted dose of fertilizer at every other watering, or even just once a month. There is no need to fertilize in the winter when the plant isn?t actively growing.

Dianthus can be annual or perennial, depending upon type. Wish I could be more specific, but I don't know which you are growing! Annual dianthus has thinner leaves than the perennial types. Hope this information helps!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"