no fruit on my guava - Knowledgebase Question

fontana, Ca
Question by goldenrod_du
my guava tree was raised from a seed planted by my neighbor 8 years ago in a planter tub she gave it to me i planted it in the ground this year about 4 months ago and she said it has never given any fruit will this tree give fruit? or is there a problem

Guava trees generally begin fruit production 3 to 4 years after planting so I'm not sure what the problem may be with yours. It needs full sunshine and lots of summer heat (which you certainly have!). It may be that the tree was stressed while growing in a tub and now that it is in the ground where the roots can stretch out, it may perform better. Give it another year to fully establish. I hope by then it will flower and fruit for you. Good luck with your guava!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Dan Bachman 2006 seedlings"