Siam Tulip - Knowledgebase Question

Name: julie moen
La Mesa, Ca
Question by jewelz0013
I have a Siam Tulip that I purchased from you, when do I cut the dead flowers? Any and all info. regarding these, please share.
Thankyou, Julie :0)

0

Curcuma alismatifolia 'Siam Tulip' Ginger is a strikingly beautiful ginger that superficially resembles a tulip. Introduced from Thailand. Produces a beautiful dark, rose-pink inflorescence that makes a great cut flower. It has long narrow stiff leaves that resemble tulip leaves and grows to 2' in medium to full sun. This plant blooms all summer and then goes dormant in November. You can cut down any spent flowers but allow the foliage to remain until it dies down on its own. At that time prune it away and allow the plant to rest. In the spring it will sprout new foliage and lots of flowers. Hope this answers all your questions. Best wishes with your plant!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"