peach tree - Knowledgebase Question

Dallas, Te
Question by livesay7
When I moved to my home in 2004, there was a 25-30-foot peach tree on the north side growing into the large cedar trees.
I have pruned it & it has blossomed but never fruited. What to do & do peach trees permanently stop producing fruit?

If your peach tree flowered, it is capable of setting fruit. Most peach trees are self-fertile but all will develop heavier crops if a second variety of peach tree is nearby. Peaches need all day sunshine in order to develop fruit and there needs to be some insect activity for pollen to be transferred. Sometimes they flower during cold spells when bees are reluctant to fly. You can coax them into your garden if you have lots of plants flowering at the same time your peach blossoms open. I'd give the tree another chance. As long as it flowers, it should set fruit. Hope next year is a banner peach year for you.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Dan Bachman 2006 seedlings"