Brocolli Leaves - Knowledgebase Question

Coral Springs, Fl
Question by STails
We continue to have white blotches on the leaves and cannot find out what that is. I have removed the leaves that were affected and it has come back. Please help before we loose this crop. Thanks
SAM

0

I can't tell from your question whether you are dealing with powdery mildew or white rust. With rust, small, smooth white blotches resembling paint spots appears on leaf and stems. These spots later become powdery. Powdery mildew, on the other hand, starts with a white coating on the surface of the leaves but I wouldn't consider them blotches. So, I'm not sure what you are dealing with. Powdery mildew is difficult to control once it appears. A garden fungicide should control both diseases. In the case of rust, try to keep water off the foliage; in the case of powdery mildew, water on the foliage sometimes help to keep the disease at bay. Hope this information is helpful!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"