White Blotches on my Broccolli - Knowledgebase Question

Coral Springs, Fl
Question by STails
Can I send a photo to describe the blotches.This is a follow up on my previous question.The white appears in the middle then on the end of the leaf. It does not show up on all the leaves but once on aplant soon all have it.Please help I don't want to loose the crop. Thanks
SAM

0

We have no way of viewing photo attachments through this forum but if you can post the pictures on the web, through one of the photo hosting sites, and send us the link, we can view the pictures. Or you can take one of the affected leaves to your local cooperative extension office for positive diagnosis.

White rust produces small white pustules on the undersides of affected leaves. The pustules may enlarge and grow together to form larger, irregularly shaped lesions filled with the white spores. The upper surface of affected leaves shows a distinct mosaic pattern. Sometimes the disease results in clublike swellings on roots.

Powdery mildew is a light coating on the surface of the leaves that looks like talcum powder and can be wiped off with your finger.

Either disease can be controlled with copper fungicide sprays. The nearest cooperative extension office is UF/IFAS Broward County Extension Office, 3245 College Avenue, Davie, FL 33314-7719, Phone: 954-370-3725. Hope this information helps!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"