peace lilly - Knowledgebase Question

Kensington, Ma
Question by annkavi
Hi there I'm having problems with my peace lilly plant. it did well indoors during the summer, but now I'm noticing black leaves, what should I do? most of them are only partially black. thanks

0

Temperatures below 60F can damage the leaves, as can overwatering. When you water, water thoroughly enough that water freely drains from the soil. Wait until the top inch of soil is dry to the touch before watering again. Thorough watering helps to move away any soluable salts in the soil that can damage roots and show up as burned margins or whole leaves turning black. I might also suggest that you cut away the blackened leaves. If many develop on a stem, cut the stem all the way down - it won't develop any more healthy leaves so removing it will prompt the plant to send up a healthy new stem. This will remove the unattractive leaves and encourage the plant to renew itself. Hope this works for you!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"