How do I Take Care of Mums - Knowledgebase Question

Brooklyn, Ne
Question by Joannblueeye
I recently planted mums in my garden. Will they grow back next year and how do I take care of them. I do notice that they are dying now.
I planted them in a space where I'm having trouble keeping marigolds alive until November. I used to keep them until November, but these last two years that have died in August. Now I've planted Mums so they will grow back next year.

Please advise.

0

Sounds as though the mums are going through some transplant shock. They may recover or they may die down completely, but the roots should remain alive and you should see new sprouts next spring. If you're having trouble with plants in that particular garden area it could be that the soil is not draining well - or too well - or it's not getting enough sunshine for your marigolds (and chrysanthemums). Usually all you need to do to improve soil drainage is amend the bed with organic matter. I hope your mums thrive!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"