watering centipede - Knowledgebase Question

Panama City, Fl
Question by lindacook26
how often and how long should I water my centipede grass in fall and winter months

0

Irrigation during the fall and spring can be very helpful to centipedegrass. Although the grass is not totally green, it is still growing at this time. Therefore, it should receive some water either from rainfall or irrigation every two weeks. Plan on supplying one inch of water every two weeks. You can calculate how much water your sprinkler system delivers by setting empty tuna or cat food cans in various areas of your lawn and turning the sprinkler system on for 15 minutes. Check to see how much water has accumulated in the cans and then adjust the time so you can leave the system on long enough to deliver one inch of water. Best wishes with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"