perserving annuals - Knowledgebase Question

fredericksburg, Vi
Question by cre8tive_n_m
want to know how to save/keep/reuse a annual sun combo purchased summer 09 . It was SO BEAUTIFUL this summer and still is holding on pretty good. want to know how can I protect it from the winter that I may re use it next summer. can i bring it in the house or wrap it up outside?? or is it only a plant that i could use once and i will have to take a lost. i know nothing about gardening.

I'm afraid that you won't be able to coax annuals into living more than a single season. You can try collecting seeds, though, and planting them in your container next spring. Allow the flowers to set seeds. When the seed pods turn a tannish brown you can collect and save the seeds. Put them in an airtight container and store them in a cool dark place over the winter months. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"