Tree Removal - Knowledgebase Question

Tempe, Ar
Question by garygibbs
I had a large Shoestring Acacia tree removed. The root system still puts up shoots all over my yard. Is there anyway I can get rid of the root system so the shoots stop coming-up?

0

When your tree was removed, the stump and roots should have been ground. If they were not, you're likely to have suckers popping up for years to come. You can discourage them by cutting them down as soon as they appear and by painting a vegetation killer directly on the cut stubs. Round Up or Brush B Gone are products that will be translocated back into the roots. Cutting the suckers down and painting vegetation killer on the cuts will eventually kill the roots and no more suckers will appear. Best wishes with your project.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"