satsuma tree - Knowledgebase Question

san marcos, Ca
Question by fstjohn_1999
I have satsuma tangerine tree the fruit only grows at the bottom ,can you tell me how I can get the fruit to grow in the middle and also the top .
Thanking you in advance
FRED

0

I can't pinpoint the exact cause but it could be due to weather (cold temperatues can affect the topmost branches but the bottom ones are more protected), or there may be thrips damaging the new growth, including the flowers, which could cause the tree to flower all over, but then drop the damaged flower buds. Thrips prefer new growth so the bottom part of your tree won't be quite so interesting to them. Next time your satsuma flowers, check to see where the flowers are. None on top or in the middle? Probably weather related. If it flowers all over, check carefully for tiny little thrips.

Hope this information helps you determine just what the cause might be. Best wishes with your tree.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"