plant care during winter months - Knowledgebase Question

Philadelphia, Pe
Question by lisawms2k
My apartments windows are near my heating vents,but get very little sun during winter months. What should I do?

If you'd like to grow plants indoors, I'd invest in supplemental lighting and group the plants in a spot away from the heater vents. You can purchase inexpensive shop lights for this purpose. They are not terribly attractive - a white hood containing two fluorescent light bulbs, but they can be hung from a simple frame and you can set your plants beneath them. Keeping the lights on about 14 hours a day will supply enough light to encourage your plants to grow and flower. You can purchase more sophisticated gro-light assemblies that are more visually attractive, but whether expensive or inexpensive, they both do the same thing - provide adequate light for indoor plants. Best wishes with your houseplants!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Rose"