Grass problems - Knowledgebase Question

Torrance, Ca
Question by jiavent22
Is there any way I can keep Bermuda grass out of my flower beds without killing the trees and iris bulbs? Digging just makes more.

0

You can apply a pre emergent herbicide to your flower beds (Preen is one example). Pre emergence products will not control existing weeds but will keep new weeds from sprouting. So, pull that pesky grass out one more time and then apply a pre emergent product. A thick layer of organic mulch will also help keep weed seeds from sprouting in flower beds but won't keep bermuda from creeping into the beds from a lawn area. For that you'll want to install a barrier. There are several on the market and they will stop the roots from growing underground and popping up in your flower beds. Enjoy your garden!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"