How can I get rid of: - Knowledgebase Question

Magnolia, De
Question by klynn51858
I bought a plant with little blue flowers many years ago and it has invaded my entire flower garden.I thought it would be a little bush but it's trying to become a field!

Sounds like a creeping ground cover, but I can't tell exactly which one by your description. Digging it out, roots and all is the safest approach. You can use a broadleaf weed killer but it might damage your perennials. Spot spraying with a product such as Round Up can eliminate the pesky plant but Round Up is a contact killer so any desireable plants it contacts can be killed, as well. If you decide to use this type of product, cover your perennials when you spray the pesky weed. You can simply cover them with a cardboard box when you are applying the weed killer so drift doesn't get on them. Wish I had an easier solution!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"