weeds growing faster than grass seed - Knowledgebase Question

Chino, Ca
Question by cutestar_ad
I recently tilled my lawn then planted grass seeds, unfortunately the weeds are growing faster than the grass seeds and is dominating the whole yard! What can I do to stop all these weeds and help the grass seeds to grow?

0

I know weeds in a new lawn can be exasperating but pulling them is the best approach. Pull the largest and wait until you've mowed the lawn 3 times. By then the roots will be well established and you can apply a weed killer. The, in the early spring, apply a corn gluten based pre emergent to keep additional weed seeds from germinating. Once your lawn is up and growing it should grow thick enough to crowd out future weeds. Good luck with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"