Health of my Tree - Knowledgebase Question

montgomery, Il
Question by nwalzak2000
We have a tree which we don't know what kind it is. There are multiple oblong shape leaves on a single branch. Every fall instead of dropping individual leaves it drops 6-12 inch long twigs that contain 8 to 10 leaves. Is this normal for any type of tree? If this tree keeps pruning itself I'm afraid it will never branch out into a lovely full tree. It is shaped like a pear tree now.

I'm sure it's natural and normal for your tree. I'm not sure what kind of tree it is, but there are several that grow very large leaves with several leaves attached. Jacaranda is one such tree. When the leaves fall in the autumn it looks like a stick. But in the spring it develops new twigs and leaves. I'm sure it's normal for your tree and as it matures the canopy will eventually fill out. Best wishes with your landscape!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Rose"