Pests - Knowledgebase Question

Albrightsville, Pe
Question by steeler71248
Do you know of any product that I can purchase that will help to eliminate the ticks in the yard? I live in the Pocono Mtns. & my dog, even with medication, seems to be a tick magnet. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance

0

There are actually a number of products to choose from. The treatments listed below are recommended for control of ticks in home lawns. Research shows that for
control of ticks, liquid sprays are more effective than granular treatments. This is because granules tend to fall all the way to the ground, rather than remaining on the grass blades where the ticks are. Further note that when ticks are the primary target pest, treatments should not be ?watered-in? like one would do if the target was a thatch or soil-inhabiting pest, such as chinch bugs or mole crickets. When applying treatments keep in mind that while ticks may drop from the pet anywhere in the yard, they tend to be concentrated in areas where pets spend most of their time. This means that you should be sure to focus treatments under shrubs and porches and in other areas where pets (and wild animals) tend to rest. Here's the arsenal:
Sevin Concentrate Bug Killer; Bayer PowerForce Multi-Insect Killer; Triazicide Soil & Turf Insect Killer Concentrate; or Hi-Yield 38 Plus Turf, Termite & Ornamental Insect Concentrate. Choose one product and be sure to apply according to label directions. Best wishes with your eradication project!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "