Rubber Tree - Knowledgebase Question

Baldwin Park, Ca
Question by amysakim
Why do the leaves of my rubber tree curl inside?

0

The curling leaves might be natural - depending upon the degree of curl. New leaves are flat, but as they mature the edges strengthen and pull taut. This can make the leaflets curl downward slightly. It's perfectly normal. If, on the other hand, the leaves are cupped, I'd look for insect pests. The feeding of aphids or mealybugs can deplete tissues of fluids, making them cup dramatically. Check for pests, then make sure you're giving your schefflera all the cultural conditions possible to make it thrive. Provide average household temperatures (minimum 55F in winter). If possible avoid temperatures above 70F. Provide bright light but no direct sunshine. Water liberally from spring to autumn, water sparingly in winter.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"