Problems with Flies - Knowledgebase Question

San Ysidro, Ca
Question by trefaultj
November 1, 2009
What can I do to at least decrease this pest from my garden?
They cover my chrysanthemums and all my plants. I think they spread other pests also. I tried a product that was supposed to help, a medium in a bag, but it smelled terrible, was expensive and it did not do a good job.
Please help!!!!

November 1, 2009

0

I wish I had a solution for you but even if you used an outdoor fogger to kill the flies in your landscape, new ones would fly in and you'll have a new population within a few days. They may be attracted by decomposing organic matter (such as a compost bin), pet waste that's piling up, or even rotting fruit that's laying on the ground. Make sure that all the old garden debris is cleaned up and ask your neighbors to do the same. This should remove whatever might be attracting them. The good news is that they will die off during the winter months. Wish I had more ideas to share. Good luck with your landscape.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"