Sansevieria - Knowledgebase Question

Amarillo, Te
Question by pdkilo
November 1, 2009
Our Sansevieria plant is 6-8 years old and has always done well. I have now noticed some of the

November 1, 2009

0

If the whitish gray coloration can be wiped off the leaves, it's a disease called powdery mildew. If the color is actually within the leaves rather than on the surface, it indicates those leaves are dying. They may simply be getting old, or it could indicate a root rot. I would cut away the affected leaves. Powdery mildew is a fungal disease and it is really difficult to control. If you prune away the infected leaves you will open your plant up to better air circulation, which should make it less likely to develop fungal diseases. Best wishes with your plant!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"