Lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Orlando, Fl
Question by lakeshathom
November 2, 2009
Under of all the dollar weed, and other types of vines I have st.augustine grass. Those weeds have taken over my grass.I have put down weed killer and chinch bug killer ( I dont know if I had chinch bugs or not) How can I revive it?

November 2, 2009

Dollarweed, also called Pennywort, is a small broadleaf plant. The best way to get rid of it is to hand pull it, roots and all. The problem is that it grows in large patches and it replaces itself quickly so that few find pulling it up a reasonable solution. There are, however, a plethora of avenues of attack to try. Try weed-killing chemicals. There are chemicals available including WipeOut by GreenLight which will kill the weeds but not their seeds so multiple applications will be needed. A product called Image is also an option. It?s especially good for use with St. Augustine grass. Best wishes with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Rose"