Landscaping in Dryland Conditions with Minimal Irrigation - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Cathy
Larimer, CO
Question by cahmom
We live in dryland conditions in Northern Colorado. I'd like to landscape around our house and barn, but have limited irrigation. What plants would you recommend for xeriscaping in an area that gets rain only in spring and early fall (minimal) and plenty of snow in the winter?

0

For both this and your xeriscaping question, I highly recommend the book 'Xeriscape Gardening: Water Conservation for the American Landscape', by Connie Ellefson et al. (Macmillan, 1992). It provides all the "how-to" of soil prep, efficient irrigation, etc, as well as extensive lists of both native and unusual trees, shrubs and herbaceous plants. You might also try contacting the National Xeriscape Council, PO Box 767936, Roswell, GA 30076. There may even be a state chapter you can get in touch with! Best of luck!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"