Palm Trees - Knowledgebase Question

Twin City, Ge
Question by tmrogers8266
November 4, 2009
Hi, Have a question about the cold temps and Palm Trees.
I have several Pindo Palms purchased this past summer and a couple Patio Palm that we have Baried in the ground. Should I cover them from the frost? If so with what and would muching help them from freezing out.
I live near Macon, GA. Probably won't get below 30 degrees at night and always warm up during day. We have some colder temps comi

November 4, 2009

0

Pindo palms are rated hardy in your growing region (zone 8) so they shouldn't need any special protection this winter. I really can't advise you on your patio palms. That's a generic name for a houseplant type palm that grows outdoors during the summer and indoors in the winter months. I don't think they are frost hardy. Just to be on the safe side, I'd take them indoors during the winter months.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"