My grass... - Knowledgebase Question

North Highlands, Ca
Question by natasha_fedy
November 5, 2009
I have a lot of grass on my backyard I don't like it help me.Other I wont to make my backyard very beautiful.

November 5, 2009

You can reduce the size of your lawn by planting groundcovers or islands of perennials and shrubs. Just start at the edges of the lawn and create planting beds so you have only a little patch of lawn in the center, surrounded by colorful plants and creeping ground covers. I'd start by sketching things out on paper so you have an overall idea of what you'd like. You can use a garden hose and lay it out on the lawn, creating a wavy line or a straight line for the outside of the flower beds. This will give you an idea of the overall look of the beds. Once you're happy with the pattern or design, dig out the lawn and plant your new plants. Now would be an excellent time to start your new project. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Rose"