transplanting gueen palms - Knowledgebase Question

Ormond Beach, Fl
Question by wernerschuma
November 10, 2009
I bought some queen palms about 2 yrs, ago and I would like to transplant 2 of them when is a good time & anytips? they are about 10 ft.

November 10, 2009

You can transplant your queen palms now, in the fall. Because the temperatures are cooler, your palms will suffer less transplant stress. If they've only been in the ground for 2 years, the root system has probably not enlarged a great deal. When properly watered, the roots will be directly beneath the palm and radiate out about a foot from the trunk. Begin your digging one foot away from the trunk and dig down until you're under the root mass. A ten foot tree will probably need someone to support the trunk and another person to dig the hole. Water your trees well after installing them in their new sites. Best wishes with the move.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"