Corn plant care - Knowledgebase Question

New York, Ne
Question by kidcaro2003
November 10, 2009
I have a corn plant with 2 canes or trunk ( I am not sure of the terminology) growing in one pot. One plant is much taller than the other. They are both growing tilted. Should I rectify this or let it be. Do the two canes or trunk mean that I have two plants or one? If there are two plants can I plant the shorter one in another pot?

November 10, 2009

0

The plants are leaning to give each other enough growing room. It isn't unusual for dracaena to have muliple stems on a single plant so you won't know whether or not you have two plants or a single plant with multiple stems until you unpot it and inspect the root system. If each stem has its own root system, you can safely divide them by either pulling them apart or cutting them apart. If it appears that both stems share a single root system, it would be best to leave them attached. Dracaena eventually develops a bare lower stem so having a second, smaller plant in the same pot will provide lots more greenery.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "