What type of plant did I buy? - Knowledgebase Question

Carnegie, Pe
Question by Ccthrncr
November 14, 2009
I just purchased a variegated dappled willow at my home depot store. I know it is the end of the season but I can't tell if is a shrub or a tree. I hope you can help me.

November 14, 2009

Salix integra 'Hakuro Nishiki', the dappled willow, is an attractive, graceful shrub with weeping branches. In the spring it produces striking salmon pink stems and buds, followed byn light green foliage mottled with white and pink. It's a deciduous shrub, growing best in full to partial sun. Water regularly during the growing season (one-inch per week, applied slowly so the water percolates down to wet the entire root mass) and fertilize in spring with an all-purpose, balanced fertilizer (such as 10-20-20). Plant by digging a hole larger than the root mass, spreading out the roots a bit so they'll explore the soil, then filling the hole, gently tamping down as you go to remove air pockets around the roots. Water well, then water once each week to help your shrub become established in its new home.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"