bonsai - Knowledgebase Question

Louisville, Co
Question by jwarren7155
November 18, 2009
we got a bonsai plant that looks to be a pittosporum variety. the leaves are healthy and green but are curled downward. any idea if this is a problem or normal? I don't think they were curled downward when we received the plant. Thanks

November 18, 2009

0

Actually, I think what you are seeing is normal. The leathery leaves are glossy on the top with undersides that are lighter and have a dull surface. These very ornamental leaves reach a length of from The leathery leaves are glossy on the top with undersides that are lighter and have a dull surface. These very ornamental leaves reach a length of from 1-5 in and up to 1 in wide with edges that recurve (curl down and inward). They are arranged alternately in a whorl around the stem, an arrangement that provides dense foliage which I think enhances the plant's interest and attractiveness. As long as your pittosporum is putting out new growth, it's probably healthy and happy. The recurving leaves are normal for pittosporum.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"