Creeping Charlie in lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Belle Plaine, Io
Question by elainesimmo
November 19, 2009
I have sprayed my yard for Creeping Charlie twice this fall, once in mid Sept and once in mid Oct. Should I spray next spring as well? And how soon after can I reseed?

November 19, 2009

0

You didn't mention the chemical you used to eradicate the Creeping Charlie so I don't know how often you need to apply or how often it is safe to apply. Check the directions on the label for reapplication rates. The label should also mention how long to wait before reseeding. If it were my lawn, I would reseed in the spring and after the grass is up and growing (and you've moved it twice), the roots should be well enough established to use borax to control the Creeping Charlie. Dissolve 10 oz. Twenty Mule Team Borax in 4 oz. (? cup) warm water, then dilute in 2.5 gallons of water and spray on your lawn. This will cover 1,000 square feet. The borax overwhelms the Creeping Charlie but doesn't harm turfgrass. Best wishes with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"