get rid of deer - Knowledgebase Question

Pittsburgh, Pe
Question by alsink1
November 19, 2009
I have a big problem with deer in my yard. They are eating my roase buds on the plant before they come out. I got that Invisible Fence and I swear the deer have nasal problems due to the fact the more I spray this stinky stuff the more they eat the buds.No one has poison to kill them and I live in the city and shooting is out of the question.

November 19, 2009

0

Deer can be such a problem in some areas of the country and even plants considered deer resistant can be eaten by deer if the competition for food is high. I?ve found that native plants are often passed up by deer. But, a hungry deer will eat almost anything so your mileage may vary. The only real solution is to fence the deer out or fence your new plants in. Some of the deer repellants work - Hinder, Ropel or Deer Away, for instance. So do scare tactics such as a motion sensor on a sprinkler or a barking dog. Aside from fencing, though, there is no sure way to keep deer from munching on your landscape plants. Wish I had a solution to share with you!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"