Tree and Shrubs - Knowledgebase Question

Agoura Hills, Ca
Question by michaelrube
November 22, 2009
I have no idea what type of trees/shrubs to plant in my front yard. I live in Los Angeles area and am looking for something that I can plant in December that requires little maintenance and will thrive in the climate. Can you recommend a small tree (no bigger than 12 feet)

November 22, 2009

0

Finding trees that grow no larger than 12 feet is difficult! You might want to purchase a shrub which has been trained into a tree shape. Bottlebrush and oleanders are sold this way, or you can try a dwarf weeping cherry or a dwarf weeping willow. Dwarf citrus can be maintained at about 12', Pearl Acacia, Evergreen Pear, and Texas Mountain Laurel are also evergreens that make nice, small trees.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"