problem in my bakcyard - Knowledgebase Question

north port, Fl
Question by evlcstl
December 3, 2009
Hi, I need help with my backyard. I have a lot of holes in my yard and I don't know why.I think it is a animal but I never see what kind of animal can do these types of holes. What I can do?

December 3, 2009

0

I can't suggest a control method without knowing what's making the holes in your yard. Could be gophers or moles, or could be some 4-legged animal digging for grubs. I'd start by filling in the holes and waiting to see if new ones appear. If so, you can explore the hole. If it looks like it goes into a tunnel, you have gophers, moles, rabbits, ground squirrels or some such critter. Trapping is effective but the type of trap will depend upon the critter. You may want to take some photos of the holes and take them into your cooperative extension office for identification help. Contact Florida State Extension Service by going to the following web page and clicking on your county. Their address will pop up:
http://solutionsforyourlife.uf...

Good luck with your backyard!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "