Planting an apple tree late - Knowledgebase Question

Clayton, No
Question by jessmarroyo
December 4, 2009
Hi, I bought an apple tree in early fall, and I procrastinated and never planted it, thinking that, since winter starts so late here, it would be alright. Now I see that the temperature will go down into the high 20's soon. Is all hope lost? Or can I still plant it?

December 4, 2009

0

You can safely plant landscape trees and shrubs anytime the ground is not frozen. Although your temperatures are falling, there's still time to get your apple tree into the ground. Be sure to water it well after planting and plan to water it once a week to help the roots establish. When the soil freezes, you won't need to water until it thaws in the spring. Best wishes with your new tree.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"